Our Mission: Serving the community while
inspiring people to learn the art of bicycle repair.
Location: 2566 Leghorn St. Mountain View, CA MAP
The Silicon Valley Bicycle Exchange is a Section 501c(3) non-profit organization.
More Contact info
Call for Front Desk Volunteer
- Written by Carol Mattsson Carol Mattsson
- Published: 30 January 2018 30 January 2018
Bicycle Exchange would like another person or two to join the front desk team.
The Front Desk role is perfect for someone who is enthusiastic about getting bikes repaired but prefers tasks that have a more predictable result. The main task is to accept donations of bicycles throughout the workday, so our donors feel appreciated and our volunteer mechanics can stay focused on their projects. Other duties include:
- Help volunteers sign in at the beginning of the workday
- Recruit a volunteer to collect lunch money and fetch the pizza
- Record the occasional sale of a bicycle or a part
- Greet other visitors to the workday and answer questions or introduce the visitor to someone who can help
Depending on your interests, you can still repair bicycles in between bicycle donations. Or find other things to do, like help set up at the beginning of the workday, help the volunteer mechanics find the parts and tools they need, help put away bikes and the "front desk" materials at the end of the workday, etc.